quinoa kale risotto pistachios
6-1 cup servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- zest of ½ lemon
- ½ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook for an additional minute.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable broth, white wine, rosemary, and black pepper together in a small pot until warm. Reduce heat to low.
- Add broth mixture to saucepan with quinoa mixture, ½ cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed. Repeat this procedure for about 15 minutes, until all of liquid is absorbed, and quinoa is tender, but not overcooked.
- Stir in kale, lemon zest, and pistachios, and heat for an additional minute only, until ingredients are heated through but kale remains bright green.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving: 346 calories, 12 g protein, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 49 g carbohydrates, 6.5 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 469 mg sodium.